Clothes made of synthetics began to sew in the middle of last century. Then it was considered stylish and modern, but now the fashion has changed: in the trend of all-natural and environmentally friendly. According to the Roslegprom, in 2017 the Russians have bought 2 times more wool and cotton than in 2016. Whether the choice we make? Let’s deal.
What are made of synthetic fabric?
From oil, coal and gas. But in the process of refining them so change that to the original material, there is nothing left. For example, polyester is made from synthetic polyester fibers and it is obtained from petroleum. But if you change the method of processing, get a film or plastic.
But viscose is made from wood or stems of cotton. Many believe that it is a synthetic fabric, but it is not so: if you set fire viscose thread, it is a whiff of wood.
What are their advantages?
No synthetic fragrances clothing would not have been so accessible and convenient:
- Synthetic little weight. Sometimes it’s several times lighter than similar natural fabric.
- It is durable. Clothing made of artificial material slowly wears out and keeps the color. It does not crease, does not stretch and does not shrink when washed. Sweater of 100% wool in hot water will deteriorate, but the sweater with the addition of acrylic will survive any washing.
- Synthetics almost does not absorb moisture, and therefore dries quickly.
- Artificial materials are inexpensive.
- Major sports companies develop a very comfortable, light and breathable fabric. They use high technology, so the materials on its qualities could be a genuine (though they will cost you more).
And the cons?
- Manufacturers may use toxic volatile components which remain in the tissue permanently. Therefore, such clothing is not recommended for Allergy sufferers, asthmatics and people with diseases of the skin. And especially the poor, 100% synthetic fabrics can cause dermatitis even in a healthy person.
- This fabric is not breathable, so the man in her sweat even more. This increases the risk of dermatitis and in the summer even heat stroke. In addition, it appears an unpleasant odor that cannot be washed.
- If the clothes are cheap and entirely composed of synthetic, then the manufacturer does not particularly care about your health. Such fabrics are often also painted with toxic paints.
- Synthetics accumulate static electricity. While it is not proven, but some scientists do not recommend wearing sticky clothes. Perhaps it causes a disruption in the nervous system.
What is the result?
Synthetic is still better not to buy – if you are an expert, it will be hard to distinguish the quality of the material is outdated. Wear it especially risky for people with skin diseases or asthma.
But all-natural clothes can cause inconvenience because of their “waywardness”. Therefore, the best choice is a natural fabric which not more than 30% synthetic. Well, clothes for fitness , it is best not to spare money: it’s worth to buy a couple of suits and t-shirts in the specialty store.
But what to wear clearly harmful – so it’s shoes on high heels. Tell how to reduce this harm to a minimum in the article “How to wear heels without harm for health”.